DWQ Home > NPS
Utah Nonpoint Source Management Program
The State of Utah's Nonpoint Source (NPS) program was established in 1990 and is administered by the Division of Water Quality. Utah's NPS program is focused on improving the water quality of impaired waterbodies through a voluntary and incentive based approach. The incentive offered to cooperators is financial assistance to off-set the cost of implementing projects that protect and improve water quality. These projects employ a suite of Best Management Practices (BMPs) and follow the watershed based planning strategy contained within the Statewide NPS Management Plan and appendices.
NPS Management Plan
- Utah 2013 Nonpoint Source Pollution Management Program Annual Report
- Utah 2012 Nonpoint Source Pollution Management Program Annual Report
- Utah 2011 Nonpoint Source Pollution Management Program Annual Report
- Utah 2010 Nonpoint Source Pollution Management Program Annual Report
- Utah 2009 Nonpoint Source Pollution Management Program Annual Report
- Utah 2008 Nonpoint Source Pollution Management Program Annual Report
Funding for Nonpoint Source Related Projects
The Utah Division of Water Quality provides state and federal funding to reduce NPS pollution in priority watersheds throughout the state. Applications for funding are accepted every year from April 1st to June 1st for all NPS related projects. There are no restrictions on who can apply, and all applications that are submitted are considered for funding.
Water Quality Task Force
The Water Quality Task Force is made up of representatives from State, Federal, and private agencies and organizations. The Task Force meets quarterly to discuss water quality issues and determine how they should be addressed. A charter describing the responsibilities and expectations of the Task Force has been established and is found in the appendices of the Statewide NPS Management Plan.
Other Relevant NPS Topics
- Ag Waste Management Producer's Website
- EPA NPS Success Stories Website
- Utah Citizen Monitoring Program
- Utah Nonpoint Source MOU
Utah Watershed Coordinating Council